Sunday, February 13, 2011

sunday rest

take this offering that i bring
humbly i fall on my knees
to proclaim You're everything
my life's nothing without You
take my hand and lead me through
You are my sustaining love
i live to worship You


"We should be more concerned with what's going on in us than what's going on around us. God is more concerned with how we respond to our circumstances than our circumstances. He gives us circumstances to grow us up." -Joyce Meyer

"You need peace with your will. Stop trying to do what you can't. You have to know His part and your part, and STOP trying to do His part." -Joyce Meyer

"You have to guard what God died to give you. The Holy Spirit will always lead you and guide you to peace. Follow it. You want to know His will for your life? Follow peace. You want to know what decision to make in your present situation? Follow peace. Let peace be the umpire in your life- to decide what's 'in' and what's 'out.' Your flesh can want so many things, but what does peace want for you?" -Joyce Meyer

Ephesians 4:3~ Be eager and strive earnestly to guard and keep the harmony and oneness of [and produced by] the Spirit in the binding power of peace.
"You're going to have to want peace enough to be willing to change some things, to change your approach to some things. It takes maturity to follow peace because you've got to be willing to swallow your pride- you've got to be willing to get yourself off your mind. You've got to be willing to look wrong sometimes in order to keep the peace. The Holy Spirit is the ultimate Convicter and Convincer, so when He says, 'be quiet,' then be quiet; when He says 'let it go,' then let it go. Hold your peace." -Joyce Meyer

Phillipians 1:28~ "..Stand strong in the good news, not flinching or dodging in the slightest before the opposition. Your courage will show them what they're up against: defeat for them and victory for you- and both because of God. There's far more to this life than trusting in Christ. There's also suffering for Him, and the suffering is as much a gift as the trusting."


I cannot speak peace to the storms in my life without having His peace within me. I walk into so many things that I so desperately need to get out of- if only I would submit to following peace. He died to give me a still, deep calm always. I need to learn to guard that peace with everything I am. He is calling, "Are you tired? Are you worn out? Come to me. Get away with me, and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me- watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Stay alongside me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." ~Matthew 11:28


there is far more than trusting, there is suffering. learn the unforced rhythms of grace. there is far more than trusting, there is suffering. learn the unforced rhythms of grace. learn the unforced rhythms of grace. God, help me to learn Your unforced rhythms of grace. please let them permeate my life, let them pour over my life and bring peace to the deepest places within me. help me to understand that only You are peace. help me to suffer through my circumstances if it is Your will, for it is through my suffering in You that i grow. it is in that suffering that You bring me Your peace, and Your peace is stronger than being right. it is more than trying to correct others and worrying about their lives. it is more than fulfilling my pride. it is better than any decision i could make for myself. it is better than being sure that others see me in the right light. it is so much more. help me to live to be a sacrifice for You and the gift You died to give to me everyday. help me to guard that perfect peace with all that i am so that a deep quietness may rest in my soul. in Your name i pray, amen*

i let too many things steal my peace- His peace- from me. no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment