Sunday, February 27, 2011

sunday rest

it's time to get serious about God's will for my life. no, that doesn't mean read my Bible more because it's what i'm 'supposed' to do or pray more sweet, empty prayers because they sound good and it's what i'm 'supposed' to do. that means realizing that everything i've been praying for has been conditioned on Him changing those around me. that means realizing that God wants to bless me and answer my prayers, but He is calling for me to make some changes in my life. He is convicting me. it's time that i get serious about listening to what He is telling me if i really want Him to bless me.

That is why the Lord says,
“Turn to me now, while there is time.
Give me your hearts.
Come with fasting, weeping, and mourning.
Don’t tear your clothing in your grief,
but tear your hearts instead.
-Joel 2:12-13

"As long as you spend your life trying to change the world so you don't get upset, you're going to be upset. But when you can stay calm in the midst of adversity, and you can behave Godly no matter what anyone else does- now you're in a place where the devil can no longer provoke you. We are called to be overcomers."
-Joyce Meyer

We need to stop worrying about everyone else and get our own deal straight with God- thank Him for the conviction, thank Him for showing the light so we don't have to be consumed by the dark in our hearts, thank Him for wanting to answer our prayers so much that He reveals what is preventing us from hearing Him. For those whom the Lord loves, He convicts.

it's time to get serious.
salvation is freely given but the anointing of God over my life is going to cost me. the power of God acting in my life is going to cost me. i need to be ready to get serious about what God wants for me and know that it's not going to be easy and sacrifices are going to have to be made. He will convict me, He will reveal to me what I need to remove from my life, He will show me what I should be focusing on, He will provoke me to do things that are uncomfortable, He will put me through circumstances that force me to rely on Him. the walk will not always be conducive to my personal expectations if i am serious about wanting God to bless it.

1 comment: